Hybrid Cloud: What it can do for you.
As we go into 2020, solutions are advancing and the times of on premise hardware are beginning to fade. Cloud solutions are starting to make a significant impact on today’s enterprise environments. Having an always available solution such as Hybrid Cloud is key for most businesses these days, giving you and your employees constant access to their data and environments .
What is Hybrid Cloud?
Hybrid Cloud is a cloud computing environment that uses a mix of on-premise, private and third party, public cloud services with communication between the platforms. Your business gets great flexibility and far more data deployment options by allowing workloads to migrate between private and public clouds, hence saving you money as your needs shift and your costs increase.
What Hybrid Cloud Allows us to do?
Hybrid cloud has multiple benefits that will have a positive impact on your business’s productivity and profitability.
- Data Processing: By using highly scalable cloud resources, you can run big data analytics software , while also using private cloud to guarantee security and keep sensitive data safe behind your firewall
- Seperation: Separate sensitive data on your private cloud and use the public cloud to run the rest of your business
- Time: Moving to the cloud can be destabilising for the daily operations of your business, by putting some of your workloads on a public cloud or on a small-scale private cloud you can see what works for your business, and then continue to expand either your public cloud, private cloud or a mixture of both
- Temporary processing: Hybrid cloud will allow you to allocate public cloud resources for short-term projects. This is more cost-effective than investing in your own data center’s IT infrastructure
- Flexibility: As your business develops, scales up ro down and changes, you need to be flexible. Hybrid cloud allows you to match your data management requirements to the public cloud, private cloud or on-premise resources that are best to handle them
Cloud (Part of Hybrid Cloud)
Hybrid cloud, as the name suggests is a mixture of different cloud systems, here’s a list of them:
- Private Cloud: A private cloud is usually defined as everything behind a business wall. These systems typically operate in house data centers
- Public Cloud: The public cloud includes a whole host of services and companies. The most common are Azure, AWS but you can also include Microsoft Office 365
- Hybrid Cloud: A hybrid cloud is typically a combination of both private cloud and public cloud. In a hybrid cloud environment, the private and public services are integrated with each other
- Multi-Cloud: Multi-Cloud strategy is an approach that operates any of the above. An organisation may have multiple public and private clouds of multiple hybrid clouds part of their IT network, all either connected or not
Infrastructure(Part of Hybrid Cloud)
As you adopt Hybrid Cloud services you will require the availability of:
- A public IaaS (Infrastructure as a service) platform, such as Microsoft Azure
- The construction of a private cloud, it can be on premise hosted on your own server or hosted through a third party cloud provider
- And a wide area network (WAN) connection between those environments mentioned above
Conclusion: Hybrid Cloud: What can it do for you?
In conclusion, having a hybrid cloud solution is key for the future, as needs grow for you and your business. Off loading your systems from the back processing and even VMs that you have in house and putting them onto the cloud will help you and your staff with availability, productivity and therefore profitability.
If you have any question on how to implement Hybrid cloud to your IT infrastructure, please don’t hesitate to contact us, we can help.